Australia's first National Youth Settlement Framework
The Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (Australia) released Australia’s first National Youth Settlement Framework in 2016.
Developed by the MYAN (Australia), with input from young people, government and the sector, it is the first national framework to guide youth settlement policy and service delivery in Australia.
The Framework is designed to support a targeted and consistent approach to addressing the needs of newly arrived young people settling in Australia. It works to ensure that young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds reach their potential as active citizens and contributors to Australian society.
The Framework provides conceptual and practical information as well as a set of supplementary resources including:
- MYAN NYSF Applying Good Practice Capabilities
- MYAN NYSF Applying Active Citizenship Indicators
- MYAN NYSF Useful Resources
- MYAN NYSF Young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- MYAN NYSF Humanitarian Migrant Youth Arrivals to Australia: A snapshot of the data July 2014-2015
Click here to download the National Youth Settlement Framework.
CMY is the convenor and auspice of the MYAN (Australia).