We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In-line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
Multicultural Youth Worker (CMY52)
- Full Time, Fixed Term ending 31 March 2018
- Base salary of $65,543 - $70,740 per annum
- Pay rise of approximately 4% per annum
- Generous entitlements including access to time in lieu and cultural leave options
Work in a highly rewarding, dynamic environment making a real difference in the lives of young people.
CMY’s Youth Support team provides direct assistance to young people and their families in a number of settings including schools, sport and recreation centres, TAFEs and in home visits. We use a combination of outreach, one-to-one specialist case management and group work to support and empower ‘at risk’ young people to overcome issues, connect to community and settle well in Australia. We offer young people tools, linkages and pathways that support them to overcome a range of barriers as they settle in Australia.
Based in Dandenong, the position is responsible for providing case management to newly-arrived young people with a focus on developing a coordinated network of support and to promote young peoples’ connectedness with family, school, peers, services and the community. In particular, this role has an emphasis on supporting education and employment pathways and stable housing.
The roles’ geographical range will extend across the south eastern suburbs.
In addition to delivery of Specialist Reconnect case management, the position will also deliver case work with refugee young people & families within Complex Case Support Services (CCS), also with young people residing in CMY’s Unaccompanied Humanitarian Minor (UHM) program.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (ie social work, youth work, community development) and/or extensive work experience in the refugee and/or youth sector.
- Demonstrated case work experience working with and supporting young people from refugee backgrounds and an understanding of the issues affecting at risk refugee young people.
- Ability to manage own work and the capacity to work effectively in teams with shared case-loads across Programs.
- A demonstrated commitment to our principals: diversity, human rights and participation.
Please find attached a detailed position description PD CMY52 MYW South East_Apr17.pdf
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Please email applications including a brief cover letter, current resume, and a statement specifically addressing each of the key selection criteria (outlined in the position description) to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon 12:00pm Tuesday 2 May 2017 using the subject line: Multicultural Youth Worker CMY52.