We celebrate and value the diversity of our employees. Their skills and experience are key to our ability to build strong partnerships with all our stakeholders and create change across Victoria.
In-line with our commitment to increasing migrant and refugee young people’s access to employment, our recruitment and employment practices ensure we can walk the talk. These practices encourage applicants from multicultural backgrounds and support the diverse needs of our staff.
CMY is Job Seeker's 'Organisation of the Month'!
READ MORE about what makes CMY a great place to work.
Connect with us to receive new job updates:
Regional Officer – North VIC, Youth Referral Independent Person Program (CMY103)
- Part-time, 4.5 days per week (0.9 FTE), Fixed term ending 30 June 2018 with possible extension
- SCHADS Level 5, $67,697 to $73,072 + 9.5% superannuation
- Salary Packaging which provides $15,900 tax free
- Pay rise of approximately 4% per annum
- Based in Shepparton
Work in a highly rewarding, dynamic environment making a real difference in the lives of young people.
YRIPP is the Youth Referral and Independent Person Program. YRIPP delivers a high quality system of adult volunteers called “Independent Persons” who attend police interviews with young people in police custody when a parent or guardian is not available. YRIPP also seeks to divert young people from future offending through early intervention at the point of police contact.
YRIPP is supported by the Victorian Government and delivered by the Centre for Multicultural Youth and the Youth Affairs Council of Victoria in partnership with community legal centres and Victoria Police.
The Regional Officer coordinates the delivery of the YRIPP program in Northern Victoria region, spanning from Mildura to Wodonga to Wallan, and is responsible for supervision, support and rostering of program volunteers, administrative aspects of service delivery, regional stakeholder liaison and program promotion.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- The ability to supervise and support volunteers.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage a high volume of information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and other databases.
- Experience working in the community, youth, justice, indigenous or multicultural sectors and a commitment to social justice.
For further information about YRIPP visit www.yripp.org.au and for a detailed position description, click here PD CMY103 YRIPP Regional Officer North Vic_Sep2017.pdf
Enquiries can be directed to Melody Stanford or Jo Shetliffe, on 9340 3777.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Please email applications including a brief cover letter, current resume, and a statement specifically addressing each of the key selection criteria (outlined in the position description) to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday 12 pm Monday, 2 October 2017 using the subject line: Regional Officer- North VIC YRIPP CMY103.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.