CMY is dedicated to ensuring that the work we do is youth influenced, recognising young people as experts. After all, no one knows more about young people than…well, young people!
Join CMY’s Youth Advisory Group in 2018
We’re currently looking for 6 young people aged 16-25 from migrant or refugee backgrounds to fill new vacancies on our YAG. Being on the YAG is an opportunity to meet new friends, represent multicultural young people, and influence CMY’s work, including the programs we run and issues we focus on.
YAG members will meet on monthly/fortnightly meetings. YAG members must also attend an initial induction day.
What is the purpose of the YAG?
CMY seeks to provide channels of influence that enable young people to occupy leadership positions and promote understanding. The YAG provides an opportunity for young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds to have input into CMY’s work, including the programs we run and issues we focus on. The views and ideas expressed by YAG members will be taken into consideration during the decision making processes of the Strategic Coordination Group, Management and Board of CMY.
Supported by the Victorian Office for Youth
What is involved?
Being apart of CMY’s YAG is a great opportunity for professional development. In your role as Youth Advisor you will have the opportunity to:
• Identify and speak on key issues affecting refugee and migrant youth
• Advise CMY on creating responses to the issues affecting refugee and migrant young people
• Be involved with an extensive organization and learn how a non-for-profit operates
• Work alongside CMY staff to facilitate key events and programs
• Speak at and/or attend CMY events and training sessions
• Attend regular meetings
• Develop personal networks and have some fun!
Who can apply?
Young people aged 16-25 years old and who have:
• Migration experience to ensure diversity in representation of migrant and refugee communities
• Ability to articulate issues of concern for migrant and refugee young people
• Analytical and problem-solving skills in order to provide feedback
• Demonstrated commitment to addressing issues faced by migrant and refugee young people
• Willingness to participate and a commitment to attend YAG meetings
Applications will open on 29 January 2018.
For more information, contact Tizita Yohannes:
email@example.com | P: (03) 9340 3736 | M: 0448 904 941
To stay in the loop about other opportunities to get involved, sign up to CMY's youth-led e-newsletter 'The Mix'.
In the photo: CMY YAG members and friends at National Youth Week 2017 event